Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pig tails are not as easy as you think (retitled for the future: Sorry Mollie)

My wife was home today, just so everyone knows. It's also spring break, so all my kids are home and don't really have to be anywhere. We figured this was a safe time to try out my hair styling skills.... on Mollie. We chose Mollie because Nikki would not let me (I tried the other day and she took the flat iron right out of my hand and told me to just let her do it) and Lukas does not have enough hair for pigtails (nor will he ever). Plus I do Lukas' hair all the time. So Mollie it was. I am beginning to understand some of the frustrations my wife runs through in the morning, and also some of the techniques for distraction that prove to be so helpful.

Mollie would not sit still. She was up, she was down, she wanted to feed me a cookie, she wanted a cookie, then she wanted to brush my hair, then she wanted an elastic. FUN does not begin to to describe this. And this was Mollie in a good, semi passive mood. Imagine what it's going to be like when we have to be somewhere in five minutes and Mollie is there with wet hair and Lukas is climbing all over me and Nikki has gone to school with a mohawk.

First off, put the elastics on your fingers, it makes it easier to access. It is completely worthless to have them in the package and you try and reach for them while holding down a piggy tail. Needless to say I learned real quick.  Next dry hair doesn't work, and neither does wet hair, it has to be somewhere in between. This makes absolutely no sense to me, but oh well. So here is my attempt.

Here is Mollie attempting to fix what I had created.

A little lopsided on the pig tails.

This one was already done, but I pulled it out and re-did it to say I did it.



I meant for the part to zigzag like that. All the kids today want a part that resembles the east coast of South America.

And one is further back than the other, but we still went out like this. Not very far, but in public..... Sorry Mollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment