Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moving

This has been eventful. I keep meaning to do these funny posts, these tear jerker posts, and semi informational, but I have been so busy with this stupid move that I haven't had time to even sit back and  collect my thoughts. I do have five hours of uninterrupted time, it's called sleeping. I guess I could cut back on that, I'm a dad, I don't need it... that much.

So right now I am sitting in our brand new (to us) apartment in BYU's student housing. We packed up our house in Hyde Park that was 2700 square feet and are now living in an apartment that barely hits 750. The sacrifices we make for our education. Actually, before we scored the great deal with our house in Hyde Park we were on our way to student housing, which I think was smaller than this apartment. But back then we only had two kids and now we have 3 (Mollie's personality should qualify her for an extra half person but 3 will do fine right now).

So yesterday, all day, we loaded up the moving van. We had our boxes labeled as to whether they were going to storage, or to the apartment. We had the bright idea to put the storage boxes in first, and then put in the apartment ones. The only problem with that was that once you start packing you come across so much crap that you don't want to take with you at the end, and it ends up being at the very back of the truck. So when we were unloading today we had to unpack the first few layers of crap because it needed to go to storage. I'm an idiot.

I love the D.I. (for those of you who don't know about this lovely institution, it's known as Deseret Industries, and it's a great place to unload all your crap you don't need). I think after this week they have a section in their store entitled "Klc Crap" and it is a collection of the most random things you could ever find. From clothes to garden tools, computer parts, art supplies, multiple shoes, and child or two.  Another shipment could have been done, but we were so ready to get out and get moving that our neighbor offered to take it for us. Thank you very much neighbor, you know who you are and we appreciate you.

Lastly, I want to talk about towing vehicles. This is stupid. Well, we were stupid. Did you know that you need to have the trailer hitched to the truck before driving your vehicle onto it? Just making sure you did because you would feel real dumb if you did that and suddenly got high centered after the trailer flips up and you have to get out of the car, have your wife take the wheel, and then power squat the trailer so your vehicle can become un-high centered. Not that I did that, but just in case you were wondering what would happen if you did. I think I saw that particular technique on Pinterest. You should google it, it's there I swear.

So when I'm returning the trailer, I can't enter my vehicle through the driver's side door because there is a giant wheel well there. This happened before when I flawlessly parked my car on the trailer, but I had to climb out the passenger side, after climbing over all the clothes, random objects, and bottled goods of all things. So anyway, as I was returning the trailer, I start to go in the passenger side door, when the salesman pulls this little strap, and the wheel well falls away, allowing me to enter my automobile through the driver side door. Would've been nice if that was in the brochure.


No comments:

Post a Comment