Thursday, May 30, 2013

You're gonna miss this! (We will see when I am fifty)

Ya know that song "You're gonna miss this". I think it's by Trace Adkins. Today it played at a avery ironic time. Let me explain.

Mollie and Lukas were in the tub, because as you all know, children tend to get dirty after doing... anything. Mollie has this thing now where she gets in the tub and immediately announces she has to go potty. Now Mollie isn't potty trained, well not fully. She has made it to the potty a few times when she tells us that she needs to go, but nothing serious enough that I trust her without a diaper.

So today she does her thing, she gets in the tub and yells "I NEED GO POTTY" so I pull her out and sit her on the potty, and she actually goes, pee. I congratulate her as every daddy should for a child this age. Later congratulations just don't work. When I congratulate Nikki on going to the potty she just looks at me like I'm nuts.

Anyway so I put her back in the tub, and she yells out again "I NEED GO POTTY". So I pull her out again and sit her on the potty. She goes AGAIN! Alright maybe she just didn't get everything out. I congratulate her again, and then she says "I NEED GO POTTY". Not one to dispute, since she is 2 for 2 now, I put her back on and go back to doing the dishes.  Then I hear it.

"Daddy I go Poo Poo" She had in fact gone poo poo, but got so excited after she drop the first log, she stood up to come tell me, ran into the hall, and pooped three more little logs on her way to see me.
"You're gonna miss this." There is absolutely nothing in that song about poop. And where does it land? In the same spot where I spilled bleach the other day (Please see the post about Laundry).  Well, I guess a little more bleach isn't going to hurt now.

BTW Mollie, when your kid does the same thing to you, I am going to personally play and sing that song to you.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That's awesome. Impressive that she called it all three times though & had no floaters in the tub, right!? Good girl. Love that you're journaling all these events for Kara, such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floaters in the tub? Been there, done that. Mollie has accomplished many things in her short lifetime.

    ReplyDelete