Thursday, July 23, 2015

Updating the status

So after that last post I got some really great feedback... meaning that people actually mentioned to me that they saw (and read) my post. That alone is a great reason to celebrate, simply that my blog has reached more people than just my immediate family (which is also just a little creepy if you think about it, but that's why I have a public blog after all).

Just the other day, a student at my work whom I had no idea even knew about my blog, came up to me and asked about Kara's grad school, where she was going, what program, and all that fun stuff. So the realization came that maybe I need to fill in a few blanks from the several months where I didn't write anything. I'll hit on some of the highlights.

1. We had a baby. So that makes 4 total. And not only that, she's not really a baby anymore because she can almost change her own diaper (taking off her diaper counts as half, or maybe a third).

2. Kara is DONE with grad school. (and when I say done, I mean completely and irrevocably done. Like the Prophet even signed her diploma. Pretty awesome huh).

3. We moved from Wymount... twice. In what was probably the longest summer of my life last year while Kara did her medical internship at IMC (awesome btw) we finally moved back to good Ol' Cache Valley.

4. Nikki has attended 3 elementary schools in the last year (well a little over a year). She was at Rock Canyon in Provo, then she started at Bridger (which sucked, more about that later) and is now very happy at an undisclosed Elementary school somewhere in Cache Valley (safety first).

5. I have a job.... like a real job. Not a part time thing, I actually have a job with benefits, salary, and get this, they pay me money. I know really cool huh.

6. Kara has a job too. I know, how awesome is that as well. The last time this happened we went from being DINKs (double income no kids) to DISK (double income single kid), to SIWK (Single income with Kids), to NIWKs (no income with kids), then sIWKs (some income with kids (notice the lower case S), to finally DIWMK's (double income with multiple kids). These are official statuses you can claim on your taxes.

7. I am OFF Obamacare....... I'm just happy about this.

8, All vehicles are back up and running.

So that's the summary. We love living in Cache Valley and will continue to post blogs. We live in a great ward. Kara is a member of the relief society presidency, I teach Elder's quorum and assist the the cleaning of the church (and I am fine with that). Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment