Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hey guess what?

I used a question mark at the end because I am not sure how to properly word this. You would think I would be better at this because I've done it three times already. I usually try and come up with something really cool to announce it and we succeeded pretty well for the first two, but have kind of run out of ideas since number three. Seriously, first one we wrote a letter that we read at thanksgiving basically making fun of everyone in the family, second we had Nikki announce it via our other blog that has since gone private so we can write about all of the craziness in our lives in private and not worry about offending people  (I'm not even invited to that one so don't feel bad if you can't read it anymore. My wife changed the password the other day and I forgot she did and I thought she was trying to hide a third family or something. She already has a second and I'm ok with that, because it helps to have another breadwinner with how much food Mollie likes to waste).

If you haven't figured it out by now, Kara and I have decided that we make way too much money and that we should give some of it to the hospital because hospitals are in need of money all the time. We're planning on donating it over the next nine/eight months and then continue these generous donations for several more years afterwards. But don't worry, we're not coming away empty handed. No sir/madam. In exchange we get a two night stay at the hospital (maybe three if we're lucky), unlimited ice in a cup, night gown laundering service (only if you use their nightgowns, which I'm gonna), cable television with a speaker that comes out of your remote, and a tax write off that expires in 18-24 years. 

We've also been thinking that we have Wayyyyy too much space in our spacious 750 sq apartment.

So here's the real story. A few months ago I felt like someone was missing from our family. I talked to Kara about it and she felt the same way.  We prayed about it (man did we ever pray about this one) and we knew that it was our choice as to what would happen ( Heavenly Father does that to us a lot, makes us make our own decisions and be grown ups, except for our career path for some strange reason). We decided that we needed this child in our family and that he was a part of it just like Lukas and Mollie and Nikki, and that it wouldn't be the same without him.

So we made the decision, and now we ( actually mainly Kara, my part was over four weeks ago, now I'm basically a food delivery guy) are four weeks into another huge medical bill. Welcome to the family little person.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Yeah! I knew you'd "come around" to the idea OR feel inspired... :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the inspiration. We are excited and Lukas keeps telling everyone its a boy.

    ReplyDelete